What causes burning sensation all over the body with numbness in legs?
Thanks for your query.
Your symptoms are those typically seen in peripheral neuropathy. This could be a complication of diabetes.
You may have to consult a Neurologist for examination and confirmation of the same with nerve conduction studies.
You may have to be placed on medications like Pregabalin and Vit B12 supplements to improve the nerve health. If the condition is graded severe then you may have to be placed on steroids for recovery.
This is a manageable condition, there is no need to worry but the early you act sooner you get better.
Hope, I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
Thanks for writing back.
Yes, Lyrica is pregabalin. It is one of the best medication available for neuropathy.
If Pregabalin fails then corticosteroids may have to be used but careful observation on blood sugars has to be made as they tend to rise the same.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes suddend numbness and sweating in the body
- What causes numbness and burning sensation in thighs
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes numbness and tingling feeling in the body
- What causes tingling and numbness in right side of body
- What causes tingling and numbness in legs
- Causes of leg numbness and body shivers
- What causes numbness and popping sensation in in left knee
- What could cause numbness and tingling sensation of limbs
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Suffer from hypertension and weakness. Does meth use cause thyroid problem?
- What is the effect of steroids on the heart during puberty in boys?
- Having psychological problems. Taking therapy. Any advice?
- Body feels shaky. What is the cause and how to control this?
- Experiencing a periodic mild numbness in arm. Family history of MS. Any...
- Medicine for G6PD patient with fever?
- Having pain and pressure in eye with headache. Sinus MRI normal. What...
- Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication?
- Have small penis. Will penomet penis enlargement pump work to enlarge it?
- Found high BP readings on home monitors. Any thoughts?