question-icon

What causes burning scalp, sore throat,runny nose and ear pressure?

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: What could cause a burning scalp, sore throat and runny nose and ear pressure
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Sharma (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Viral infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using HCM.
I am Dr Rakesh Sharma answering your query.
I can understand your concern.
You may be suffering from viral infection.All your symptoms indicate that.
Warm saline gargle , steam inhalation and plenty of oral fluids will help you.
Take tablet acetaminophen and cetirizine for symptomatic relief.
By blowing nose and keeping it pinched, with lips also tightly closed (valsalva) will reduce ear pressure.
If there is ear ache as well you can take ibuprofen SOS for the same.
Hope you have answer to your query.If any thing else, You are most welcome to write back.I am alwyas there to help you.
Good luck.

Dr. Rakesh Sharma