What causes burning pain in the vagina?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: hello Doc, last 2-3 days I feel burning pain in my vegina , its feel like I need to urinate every time but when I go their is not much urination but I always feel like.. 5-6 years back also I have same problem, and when checked with gynecologist their is red patch in vegina and increased number of pus cells.. the red path was not going away by medicines so she had done a cryogenic process .. what need to do this time pls suggest its not that severe than earlier but I think its starting
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urine examination.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
More likely to be vaginitis with urinary tract infection.
You should get a urine routine and vaginal swab test for culture and sensitivity. It will give a exact cause of the infection. If i were your treating doctor i would suggest you to take a course of antibiotic after the culture reports along with SYR. CITRALKA for 5 days 2 times a day 5 ml with a glass of water. Do sitz bath for 3 days which will give you some immediate relief.
Any query do get back.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar