What causes burning pain in the left ovary area?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi, burning pain in left ovary area lasts for 5 hrs or more, over a couple of days. Feeling nauseated and gained 3 kgs unexpectedly.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible UTI

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about pain in ovarian area ( also called iliac fossa)

Your ovary seems to be normal with follicles on ultrasound scan.

You seem to have urinary tract infection (UTI). Please get urine examination done to confirm the same.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Dr. Soumya
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 18 minutes later
Hi Doctor,
Thank you for reviewing my question. When I got this scan, they were checking for an ectopic pregnancy which they did not find. Instead they said there was a 27 mm small cyst. What would cause the burning pain around the left ovary?
I will get my urine checked however about 3 weeks ago I had an infection which was treated for antibiotics, and the infection left me feeling dizzy and and wanting to black out. I forgot to mention I had one possitive pregnancy test, that occured after the time it said to wait on the test. The rest were negative. One cycle I spotted, the other cycle I was extremly heavy.
My cycles are like clock work and I never normally have anything different.
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Soumya 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
UTI Recurrence

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I saw the cyst. This is unlikely to cause pain in ovarian area.

This is UTI which has relapsed. Please give urine for culture and sensitivity test to detect organism responsible for UTI and antibiotics it is sensitive to so that you can take this antibiotic.

Let me know if you have any more doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Hey,
Will get a sample sent off.
Will it need to be msu?
Also wondering why my cycles have been messed up. Should I choose a different pill, have been on levelen ed for 12 years, came off it for two years to have my son and now back on it again
thank you
Would it also make a difference if I went for more scans next week, getting the pelvic area examined, and for kidney stones and another exam
Answered by Dr. Soumya 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Scans are not necesaary

Detailed Answer:

MSU in the morning is ideal. Please give MSU. It is more than enough. You don't need additional scans.

You can go back on same old pills. Periods are irregular after child birth.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Dr. Soumya
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN