What causes burning pain in the hip area?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Wed, 20 Jul 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Been having problems with my right hip. Exercise on a regular basis so I've done nothing different except the last time, I sweated even more because of the heat. I'm experiencing a lot of burning pain on the right side and it even hurts more when I take a deep breath in. What is the link?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be muscle cramps

Detailed Answer:
I haves studied your case. I think you have developed hip synovitis or muscle cramps. In this condition there is severe pain and difficulty in walking.Before I advised you anything I would like to know little detail of the illness.
1.Do you have any pain during squatting and sitting cross leg?
2.Do you have Diabetes?
3.Do you have any x rays of the hip joint?
Please send me answers of these questions.I will try my best to help you.
thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
I don't have diabetes nor have I had an x-Ray on the hip. I've had an MRI on my spine due to spinal stenosis which causes pain daily on my right leg. The hip has started hurting over the past 6 months or so but not as severely as now. I also experience leg cramps, some of which are severe on a regular basis, I assume because of the spinal stenosis.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to take care of your spinal stenosis

Detailed Answer:
Pain due to spinal stenosis occurs on back side of hip where as pain of arthritis occurs on front side of hip. Also pain of stenosis never occurs when you are resting. It occurs when you are walking.So by this your pain looks like due to stenosis only.
There is not much medicinal treatment for spinal stenosis, except you can take pain killers like
1. Brufen or nerve medicines like Pregabalin m at night time.
2.Avoid smoking if you do.
3.In case stenosis is severe then you might need to consider surgery as an option.
thanks