What causes burning pain in leg at night?

Dr. Prashant Sharma

Oncologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Cancer
Question: Legs pain me only at night and now, occasionally it's a Burning pain. I have high blood pressure (about 25 years) and have a little heart damage (some leaking in the the valves and left bundle branch) and am 77 yrs old. Am wondering primarily about the burning pain in the legs at night.
Answered by Dr. Prashant Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need a consultantation with neurologist

Detailed Answer:
hi sir.
burning pain in leg is a relatively common problem in old age, specially in diabetic patients.
so it is humble request to you sir, to get your blood sugar level checked.
there are many drugs used to control such pain. few tests to be done to find the exact cause of it. mostly it is neuropathic pain.
usually we use gabapentin or pregabalin or there are other neuroleptic drugs.
so it is my advice to you sir, to have a consultation with your physician or neurologist, so that the cause can be treated well.
thank you sir.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D