What causes burning pain at the base of the heel?
Plantar fascitis. Needs new footwear Medicine, exercise
Thanks for the query.
You have Plantar fascitis. This can cause severe burning pain at the base of the heel. It can occur due to obesity, prolonged standing and bad footwear.
Dip your feet in XXXXXXX warm water with added salt and wiggle your ankles and toes in it for 15 minutes everyday. Wear microcellular rubber slippers which are available at a pharmacy. Do plantar fascia and calf muscle stretching exercises which can be found online easily. Take Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Ranitidine 150mg twice a day for 5 days before meals.
Your problem shall be resolved if you do the same everyday.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heel pain causes and remedies
- Bottom heel pain causes
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes painful yellow bump on heel of foot
- What causes bilateral painful heel syndrome
- What causes pain under heel
- Heel pain causes
- Posterior heel pain causes
- What causes heel pain when standing or walking
- Severe heel pain causes