• question-icon

What causes burning pain and tingling sensations in the right leg?

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Elderly Problems
Question: My wife 72 says that her right leg down to her toes has

a tingling feeling. She says that at times it is a tingling or burning pain. At times it is a itching feeling. She is very active with house cleaning, babysitting and goes to the gym everyday.
She went to her Doctor the other day. The new nurse thought it was Raynaud's Disease. I don't think so. We live in a warm climate. I doubt it is diabetes.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Is she having any associated pain?

Detailed Answer:

Thanks so much of reaching to us at healthcare magic. I have reviewed your wife’s information fully. This is suggestive of sciatica. However, without pain, this seems incomplete. I will like to know if there are moments she’s experiences sharp pains that come and go as an electric current alongside this feeling of tingling and burning.

It is unlikely to be diabetes. Though peripheral neuropathy is a complication of diabetes, it only sets in after several years of having diabetes and rarely as the first symptoms.

Her age may raise the possibility of senile peripheral neuropathy but I will like to keep that as the last option if nothing else is identified.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish your wife well. Feel free to keep the conversation going as you please.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Chobufo Ditah