What causes burning in penis?

Dr. Surendiran Gaj

Geriatrics Specialist

Posted on Tue, 22 Apr 2014 in Penis Problems
Question: Currently in China, have started experiencing a light burning in the end of my penis. Have had no Sex! Was in a Bath house last week though. No discharge, no burning when urinating. Jus the rest of the time a slight discomfort/burning. Sounds like, UTI I think. There seems to be no redness or any other clue. Your thoughts
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: probable UTI (urethritis) Detailed Answer: Hello there, Yes , you seem to be suffering from UTI, rather I would call it urethritis. It may either be due to infection or substance used at the bath house. Since you have no burning sensation while passing urine and no fever, I suggest that you wash your penis regularly and maintain good hygeine. Drink plenty of water. You should feel better soon. If you don't get better say in the next 3 days, I insist that you see a doctor who can examine the penis and order for urine tests. Take care. Dr.surendiran.g
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad