What causes burning feeling in vagina after using vaginal lubrication?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I had rough sex last 5/20-5/21/15 and afterwards I felt that my vagina was very dry and started to itch. I used some vaginal moisture and it burned when I used it the the first and second day and it was burning when I urinated. It did give me some relief after 2 days because my vagina didn't feel all itchy anymore until I had sex again exactly 1 week later. Today when I woke up It burned when I urinated and when I wiped myself there was just a drop of pinkish discharge and my vagina is feeling itchy again and felt period like cramps. I'm not due to start my period for at least 1-1/2 weeks. I haven't been having my normal discharge since the sexual encounter that I had last week.

The person that I had my sexual encounters with, I have been having sex with him off and on for almost a year now and I have gotten myself tested twice for all STD since sleeping with him and haven't had anything. I do suffer from BV and yeast infections, meaning I get one or the other every other month. What should i do?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Friction wounds in my opinion, self-resolving

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. In my opinion the most likely cause for your presentation is the aggressive sexual intercourse.

Aggressive sexual intercourse can result in the formation of abrasion/friction wounds and so it should be avoided. Increased use of lubrication like Vaseline or KY jelly (easily available in most medical stores) should help to prevent friction wounds even during aggressive sexual contact.

For now, my main advise would be to avoid sexual intercourse, take lukewarm sits baths, apply a warm pack on your lower abdomen to help increase circulation and promote healing. And in the future please always use extra lunrication.

Like the first time, if your symptoms improve then all is well. But if in about 48 hours you do not experience an improvement then you will require a urine analysis at a medical centre and the use of antibiotics according to the test results.

I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan