What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
she has changed deodorant, not shaved under her arms, what advice?
Case of Intertrigo or Folliclutis probabaly, but needs dermatologist review
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr. Saddiq ul Abidin. I have read your question completely, I understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
The description you have provided can be caused by multiple factors, however for appropriate diagnosis in skin lesions, examination of the rash or blisters is pivotal and can be conclusive at many occasions.
Along with the presence of painful blisters or bumps, it would have been more appreciable if we had known whether it has any discharge or pus from it? What kind of bumps are these? Pinkish scaly or darkish crusty? Also that whether the rash has a clear demarcation from the surrounding skin or not?
WBC counts at time may be suggestive whether infection is likely to allergic, viral or bacterial but in early infections it can come normal.
For appropriate diagnosis, it would be better to visit a dermatologist or try uploading the pictures of the lesion if possible.
If it is not scaly, raised and itchy, or blackish clearly demarcated, it cant be Psoriasis, Dermatitis or Erythrasma respectively. Presence of Early Shingles can't be excluded but it normally precedes with fever or flu like symptoms along with painful individual tiny bumps before onset of rash. Also that in shingles the bumps are vesicular, that is, containing clear fluid which becomes crusty or drying up.
The likelihood however, of Folliculitis (Hair follicles infection) or Itertrigo (Yeast infection in body folds) is quite high, but nothing can be said with surety, without examining the lesion. Also to look and examine for any associated lymph nodes enlargement and in certain cases the biopsy of lesion or lymph node is needed in long standing cases.
Treatment should be based specifically on the diagnosis, as in folliculitis, local or systemic (oral) antibiotics for gram positive bacteria mostly, along with topical emollients is suggested, but for Intertrigo use of topical steroids or occasional addition of antifungal like cotrimaxozole is often recommended.
The supportive management would normally include gentle cleansing with cottons swabs, increasing local hygiene, use of adsorbent or barrier creams like zinc oxide pastes or exposure to air and light for some time is often helpful. You can discuss these options in detail with your dermatologist once you get a thorough check up getting done.
I hope this answered your question.If you have more queries I am happy to answer. Otherwise rate before closing the discussion
Dr.Saddiq ul Abidin
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Painful bump appeared close to testicle what is causing this
- What is causing vulvar pain and little bumps
- What causes red itchy bumps on burn scars
- What can cause painful bumps on my finger
- What causes painful bumps on the scalp
- What causes painful tiny white bumps on belly button
- What causes painful bump on index finger
- What causes painful pus filled bumps on stomach
- What causes painful bumps on wrists
- What causes painful red bumps on my waistline
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?