What causes burning chest pain and dizziness?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Lupus
Question: Hi,
I have mild burning chest pain that comes and goes along with dizziness. I have an elevated CPK level 600s-800's, which my internist has been re-checking for the last 3 months. I had an ECG, 2 chest x-rays, and bloodwork, and all those are normal, aside from the CPK. I sometimes have a low-grade fever along with fatigue for no reason. My internist has referred me to a rheumatologist, but they are booked up for the next 4 months. I'm concerned that I'm continuing to have chest pain and generally not feeling well. Should I be worried that my appointment is 4 months from now and my internist doesn't have a clue? Do you have any thoughts on a diagnosis?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please provide your tests reports...

Detailed Answer:

I'd appreciate to have the reports of all the lab tests you did, chest X-ray and ECG to analyze them my self before running into final conclusions.

From what you are describing, it might be related to possible spondylitis. I recommend to also run abdominal/cardiac ultrasound to exclude stomach problems.

I advise to take:
- painkillers to relieve the pain (mephenamic acid, diclophenac, etc.)
- avoid chilly, citrus, oily foods
- take antacids after meal
- increase water intake
- take betahistine for dizziness

Looking forward to have your tests reports in for more specific suggestions!
Dr.Benard
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj