What causes burning and tingling sensation in tongue, depressed feeling and mood swings?
Need further evaluation and treatment.
Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
Important aspects of your query are:
• 35 year old male
• Suffering from anxiety and depression
• Complaints of: Low mood, mood swings, burning and tingling on tongue.
From your description it appear to have depression and anxiety problem. There is also chances of vitamin deficiency (considering burning tongue).
Other symptoms of anxiety and depression which may or may not be present in your case: nervousness, restlessness, mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health, tremor, muscle spasm, heaviness in body, easy fatigability, headache, sleep disturbance, palpitation and dry mouth.
Anxiety and depression occur due to neurotransmitters imbalance in brain most commonly involving serotonin neurotransmitter. You may need treatment under psychiatrist supervision. For that in-person evaluation by nearby psychiatrist needed.
There is need for treatment, if symptoms cause significant personal distress or affect personal/professional life. Both drug (Medicines) and non drug treatment like cognitive behaviour therapy (form of psychotherapy) are used for treatment. Choice of treatment depends on severity of symptoms, personal preference and availability of treatment.
In drug treatment two types of medicine used. For immediate relief of anxiety benzodiazepines group of medicines are used and for long term relief most commonly SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) are used. SSRI takes around 3-4 weeks to show its effect. Non drug treatment like cognitive behaviour therapy (form of psychotherapy) also takes weeks to show its effect.
Apart from that take vitamin rich diet (fruits and milk) and start daily brisk walk in morning. Get tested for thyroid tests (T3/T4/TSH) as thyroid problem may increase anxiety and depression.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling sensation over spleen area
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- Does dermatomyositis cause burning and tingling sensations
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this