What causes burning and pricking sensation in stomach?

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Frequently my colon is getting burning and pricking sensation. Sometimes stomach also having the same problem . what is the reason ? What mediation I can take for this problem.
Thanks & regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need a few more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

The burning sensation in stomach can be due to gastritis. But i couldn't understand exactly what you meant by burning colon.

Do you mean burning during defecation? If yes, are you passing hard stools?

Waiting for your reply.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ashish Verma 46 hours later
Sometimes pricking sensation in stomach, After passing motion burning sensation in motion point (inside colon) pricking sensation below the hip. Gas discharge is more.Sometime constipation problem also. For constipation I use naturolax powder in water for night time
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
its mostly fissure in ano with gastritis

Detailed Answer:

You are mostly having anal fissure. This is as a result of your constipation and passing hard stools. The hard stools stretches the motion point to tear it a bit. This is called fissure. And it causes burning sensation.

To cure this, you need to cure your constipation first. For that, either you increase the dose of your naturolax powder or switch to a laxative syrup. Adjust to a dose where you can pass your motion without straining.

Also if you can sit for 15 mins in XXXXXXX warm water in a tub three times a day, it will greatly help in healing the fissure. You may add 10 ml of any antiseptic solution to the water before sitting in it.

And for the burning in the stomach and the gas, you may take any ppi tablet like omeprazole or pantaprazole in the morning on empty stomach. And avoid tea, coffee and spicy foods.

And for all the above prescriptions you need to see your local doctor.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ashish Verma 22 hours later
Dear Dr.
I visited local Doctor. He adviced me to take these mediation for five days

1. METROGYL 400 mg 1 -0- 1
2. NORFLOX 400 mg 1 -0- 1
3. RANTAC 150 mg 1 -0- 1
4. BETADINE liq 10 ml mix warm water and sit for two times in day.

Thanking for your advice. I try to control my food.

thanks & regards,
S. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
avoid constipation

Detailed Answer:

These medicines are OK. But you need to avoid constipation and so i would suggest that you continue your Naturolax powder for the same.

Dr. Ashish Verma