question-icon

What causes burning and itching sensation after having Xigduo?

Posted on Tue, 26 May 2015
Question: having burning ,itching,pain short breath just started taking xigduo tablet about 3 weeks ago ,also under arms have like raw feeling in fat area
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
This could be side effects of Xigduo or uncontrolled blood sugar

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to health care magic
I appreciate your concern
Urticaria and pruritus (burning and itching) could be a side effect of Xigduo or uncontrolled blood sugar.
(Xigduo is a combination of dapaglifozin and metformin for diabetes)
Shortness of breath is matter of concern this could be related to heart/lung disease or an allergy

I would like further information to guide you better
Since how long you are diabetic?
Any History of known allergy

I would advise for few investigations like blood for hemoglobin CBC, AEC( absolute eosinophil count), blood sugar fasting and post prandial, HbA1c, EKG and pulmonary function test

You can take anti allergic medicines (like levocetirizine or other over the counter drug) for immediate relief
Avoid dusty and allergic environment

Hope you will find it helpful and informative
follow up question are most welcome
wishing you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. BR Hudda