• question-icon

What causes bumps under the skin?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: If I get a Testopel treatment will I be able to feel the pellets under my skin with my hand? In past treatments,. I have felt them, but with this treatment from a new physician, I do not feel them, nor do I feel the benefits of the dosage as strongly as I normally do. Testosterone is a medical necessity for me, and I have always felt the results, which help to alleviate my depression as well as improve my mood and increase my energy. I typically feel the results within the normal 24-72 hours. It is now 5 days since my treatment and the results are minimal.
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About testosterone pellets;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
Yes, you can feel them slightly with your fingers after they are inserted but you really have to be looking for them to find and feel them.
If you do not see any clinical effect, you should check the testosterone level to be sure that the dose (number of pellets) is the right one.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist