What causes bumps on the head, vision problems and scalp pain?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: I have solid lumps & bumps on my skull I have vision problems, scalp pain when touché, top of skull gets very hot but no body temp., neck and shoulder pain , headaches and skin feels too tight for my head. I had an MRI with no signs of cancer. What else could cause this?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sebaceous cysts or Dermatitis - Please give details.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
The great part is that the MRI shows no signs of cancer.
Solid lumps and bumps on scalp with the history you have provided can be due to seborrhoic dermatitis or allergic dermatitis or multiple sebaceous cysts the internal pressure causing stretching of nerves and thus giving the skin feeling tight and pain in scalp on touch. Feeling of skull getting hot in spite of normal body temperature can be due to inflammation in the lumps.

Please give some additional information for me to assist you better:
Since when are these lumps present?
What are the sizes/
Is there a hair loss at these lumps?
Is the skin red and tender?
Please post the clear and focused photographs as these sometimes help for on-the-spot diagnosis.
Please post the report of MRI if possible.
Any other information is most welcome.

Awaiting for your feedback.
With Warm Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T