What causes bumps on penis?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have bumps on my penis. I pop them clear fluid comes out
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Multiple warts or sebaceous cysts

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Are you sure about bumps on penis or is it on scrotum? Are they painful?
Warts are first things that come to my mind with bumps on the penis, they are awkward, filiform greyish to black in color multiple in number. These are more likely. In such a case you should see a Dermatologist to fix them up.
If it is scrotum then it mostly like sebaceous cyst as scotum has multiple sebaceous glands releasing sebum. Penis has other multiple bumps because of swollen veins on it but you cannot pop them easily. If the bumps are painful they are inflammed so you need anti inflammatories like Brufen and then wait for surgeon to excise them.

Sebaceous cysts on the scrotum can be excised. I should suggest you an examination by local primary care / general surgeon.

In any case I would take first hand look at the bumps if you do not mind posting the pictures.

Thank you for giving me a chance to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 15 minutes later
They are on the penis. I'm scared. You want to see them. How do I send you a picture?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
upload photo

Detailed Answer:
You can upload photo with the feature available on the right side.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 40 minutes later
Its on a vein
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 45 hours later
Brief Answer:
single lesion

Detailed Answer:
Hi could check your picture. Although very late I am sorry for that, I could not think serious things with one such lesion. I would ask for fever. Body pains sexual exposure looking for std.

Could you detail me when did it start progression, intercourse, history of similar complaints as well.

Sorry for prolonged questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 45 minutes later
No pain no fever. It comes when I shave then goes away. It's itchy.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Benign

Detailed Answer:
Shave bumps are harmless and temporary, they are mainly because of turned hair on to the penis which irritates the sensitive skin thus blister and itches. Use a calamine lotion over it for the itch.

My original opinion still holds good. I suggest you not to shave on the penis instead use a scissor to cut the lengthy hair.

I am happy that there is no pain and fever and that rules out the unobvious STD.

Hope this answers.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam