What causes bumps on elbows and itchy rashes on forearms?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: have these bumps on both of my elbows. they don't itch and aren't painful. not sure what it could be. i have had them now for about a year. also I seem to have broken out in a very itchy rash on both of my forearms...no change in diet...laundry detergent or meds..cream helps some but still itching quite a bit.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acute urticaria

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photographs.
It is looking like acute urticaria an allergic condition.
You must have come in contact with some grass or pets or something else which has caused allergy.
Take antihistamine tablet and apply a mild steroid cream like cortisone.
This should help you.
The bumps are looking like molluscum contagiousum a viral infection.
These bumps need to be removed using a needle by a dermatologist.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj