What causes bump on wrist, night sweats and fatigue?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I had unprotected sex about 5 months ago, on Thursday I noticed a bump on my wrist, I accidently broke the skin on it and the next day it had a whitehead on it. I started looking up hiv symptoms and am flipping myself out. On Friday night I drank and mixed the alcohol with an opiode, and all day I was fatigued had a major migraine all day and continued to let this notion fester. I continued to be fatigued today which caused more concern. Do all the hiv symptoms accurate at the same time? Also I had night sweats last night but I don't think I have a fever or any other flu symptoms yet. I guess I mostly am concerned about the bump on my wrist. Can an isolated bump be caused by hiv?
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Solitary bump never occurs just due to HIV.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for HIV after the unprotected intercourse 5 months back.

After analyzing your query with best diligence let me reassure you first that none of your symptoms are indicative of HIV. All the symptoms are simple generalized one which could occur in any healthy individual.

The bump on wrist appears to be simple folliculitis which can occur in persons not infected with HIV.

The rest of symptoms of fatigue and major migraine are due to alcohol and opioid ingestion along with anxiety states. The night sweats are also due to the major anxiety which you are experiencing after the continuous thinking of HIV.

So relax about the HIV as the sole cause of bump over wrist. Solitary bump never occurs just due to HIV. Meet a doctor and get proper course of medications for the same. If at all you are really worried then you can simply get tested for HIV by ELISA method.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
(MD- Dermatology & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)