What causes bump on testicle after a hormonal treatment?

General Surgeon
Question
Hello, I had hormonal treatment and had one testicle operated down into the sac as a child. I feel a small pearl like bump in the testicle. Should I have it checked out with a doctor? it has been like that for many years now without getting different or bigger.
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Yes, you definitely should consult a doctor and have an ultrasound of your testis.As it is not changing, most likely this is nothing serious. It can be just another hydrocele or just a scar caused by the surgery.
Testis cancer is the thing which needs to be ruled out. It is the most common cancer at young age.
So please consult urologist and have an ultrasound of testis.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.