What causes bump on penis shaft?

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Men's Health
Question: SMALL FLESH COLOR BUMP ON PENIS SHAFT LOOKS LIKE CAN BE POPPED HAS HOLE IN MIDDLE LIKE A PIMPLE WOULD
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Maintain penile hygiene and avoid itching over it.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i can understand your concern.
Avoid itching over this bump, as it can get infected.
You should get it examined by a qualified Urologist or even a Dermatologist.
If it's recent, it may subside with a course of antibiotic.
Maintain good penile hygiene, and avoid moisture over the area.
If you check your hemogram, blood sugar,VDRL,HbsAg,ad HIV,it would be helpful for the doctor, whom you meet.
If you want an expert opinion here, you may send a photo of this bump, you're describing, and write if you've had sex with several partners.
Of course, it won't be the same as a direct examination.
Wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 6 minutes later
how do I send a photo? and not multiple partners in the past couple years
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
send it from your XXXXXXX camera.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
You can take the photo from a XXXXXXX or other camera, and mail it across, as an attachment.
Hope you can send it. If you find it difficult, check with one of your friends.

Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 10 minutes later
I sent picture please confirm I teceived
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be a viral infection or STD.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
Went through the photo. Though not very clear, it's a skin infection.
You should get it examined by a local Urologist or Dermatologist.
On direct examination, a viral type/ STD infection, may be made out.
Do the reports as advised earlier. That will help in diagnosis and treatment advice.
Get well soon.