question-icon

What causes bump on belly button?

Posted on Thu, 31 Jul 2014
Question: Hi im 20 years old and i seem to have a a bumb on the side wall of my belly button. it takes up half of the belly button, when i press on it it seem to loose whatever was inside of the bumb and goes back to my normal belly button. After this happends and i release the area it then fills back up and takes up half my belly button again.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul (12 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Looks like umbilical hernia, see a local doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
Now from the description , it looks like you have developed some type of an umbilical hernia. This can develop due to any defect or weakness in the abdominal wall which can lead to herniation of inside contents.
In case you are developing any pain , swelling or increase in size of the swelling or an inability to push back the swollen area, then you might have to see your local doctor soon.

Dr Geetika Paul
Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist