What causes bump on anus with severe itching?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Mon, 28 Dec 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: around my anus i have a itching that causes it to be sore when i itch i have put lotions and creams they work for a while and then-it starts again i wash with a mild soap and that helps a bit it started riht after i had a little bumb that came to a head and broke
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
try anti-fungal cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I am sorry that you are having this problem. It is fairly common to have some yeast infection around the rectal area. Try an over the counter antifungal cream like lamisil (terbenifine) twice a day for one week and see if that helps. If not you may need to see a doctor to get a diagnosis. The lotions could be making the situation worse and if it is yeast and not bacteria then the antibiotic cream would not be helpful. If if gets very red, painful and angry then you may need oral antibiotics so if that happens see a doctor right away.
I hope it is better soon,
Dr. Robinson
Follow up: Dr. Kathy Robinson 5 hours later
Thanks will try the anti fungal cream its not red and angry yet but it sure wants me to itch it
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome

Detailed Answer:
I hope this works for you and you get some relief soon
Dr Robinson