What causes bulky cervix?
I have been diagnosed with bulky cervics so my question is..What causes bulky cervics in unmarried girls?
Could be due to uterine prolapse or chronic inflammation
Dear XXXX, Hi
Thanks for posting your query on HCM.
The cervix is narrower than the body of the uterus and is approximately 2.5 cm in length. The vaginal and the supravaginal parts are of equal length.
The elongation (hypertrophied or bulky cervix) may affect either part of the cervix.
1. Elongation of the supravaginal part is commonly associated with the uterine prolapse which occurs due to the strain imposed by the pull of the cardinal ligaments to keep the cervix in position.
2. Fibroid (benign tumor) of the cervix
3. Chronic inflammation of the cervix
4. Congenital (by birth) particularly the vaginal part is elongated.
Can you provide the following details for better analysis like
1. Upload the ultrasound scan report
2. Do you have any associated symptoms?
4. For how long you have been having this problem?
Awaiting your reply.