What causes bulging veins on neck area along with throbbing headache?
1 bulging, throbbing veins in my neck.
2. Pressure in my neck- under my ears.
3. Headache with throbbing
4. Burning eyes
5. A sweaty, cold feeling. cold hands
6. Chest palpitations
medications I take:
ritilin (for gait symptoms with Parkinsons)- begun 1 week ago
thyroid nodules, not polyps.
Adverse event to Ritalin
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:
1. It appears to be a adverse event secondary to recent additional medication of Ritalin.
2. Ritalin is known to increase blood pressure and heart rate. Do check your blood pressure, dosage reduction maybe necessary.
3. Meet your doctor at the earliest, regarding discontinuation of ritalin for the immediate period, and starting later along with reduction of dosage of other medications.
4. Present symptoms not related to thyroid.
Discuss with your doctor regarding stopping Ritalin.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes throbbing headaches and eyes sensitive towards light
- What causes sudden throbbing headaches
- Throbbing headache swollen veins above ear
- Bad throbbing headaches dizzy nausea off balance possible cause
- Throbbing headache bust a vein
- Throbbing headache causes
- Hyperthyroidism and throbbing headache
- Unilateral throbbing headache causes
- Experiencing low blood pressure along with throbbing headaches
- Does vyvanse cause throbbing headache