What causes bubbling sensation in the vagina during intercourse?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi I was wondering why my husbands sperm felt like it was bubbling inside of me and for a min was kind of feeling weird like it felt like a sting in a way. When I sat on the toilet it came out and it was bubbling a lot and looked like it was fizzing. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be local allergic reaction

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to HealthcareMagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

Based on the history you have shared, though the bubbling sensation can be a normal variant as sometimes secretions after a long gap after last intercourse can become thick and viscous or the number of semen increases and that may impart a feeling of fullness or bubbling inside.

The irritation can be due to more volume sensation or due to the local irritant action of contents of semen at times. Though very rare but local irritation in some very sensitive individuals to the contents may occur but are not severe or not of any matter of concern for severe allergic reactions and settle spontaneously. You may try rinsing and washing with cold water and you will feel better.

Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee