What causes bubbles in urine?

Dr. Manuel C See IV

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 25 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Having clusters of bubbles in urine floating on top of urine whrn urinating
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
urinalysis would determine if You need treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Good day and thank you for being at HealthcareMagic!!!

Bubbles in the urine can be normal at times. It is primarily related to diet and increased intake of animal protein.

Although bubbles in the urine could also be a sign of kidney pathology and may be due to excessive protein in the urine (proteinuria) which is a sign of kidney damage and failure. Urinary tract infection may also present as bubbles in the urine.

So, I would suggest doing a urinalysis to be sure that there is nothing wrong with your urinary system.

I hope I have answered your question, i'll be glad to answer if you've any further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee