What causes bruising with red spots on penis?

Posted on Tue, 6 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: What causes bruising on the head of you penis with a red spot
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload Image and provide more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have gone through your query and I have noted down your concern.

Brusing with red spots can be due to multiple causes..
It could be an infection i.e balanitis, most commonly due to yeast/ candida. Other causes could be a drug reaction, plasma cell balanitis, erythroplasia of queyart, autoimmune diseases etc.
I would like you to upload an Image so that I am able to guide you better. You may upload an Image either at "Reports Section" Or you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of this mail as Attention:Dr. Kakkar.
Also let me know the duration since you have this complaint?Is this recurrent Or is this the first time it is happening?
Do you have any symptoms like itching?burning?etc. Do have any other medical condition like diabetes?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 12 hours later
i have no burning or itching and have no diabeties.
My health is good only take a pill for Acid reflex every morning. The purple color is only at the head plus a red spot near the whole of penis.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to visit dermatologist to know the exact condition affecting glans

Detailed Answer:

Yeast is unlikely considering that you are a nondiabetic and have an asymptomatic red patch on glans.
However, considering your age I would like to rule out possibilities of plasma cell balanitis Or erythroplasia of queyart (carcinoma in situ)
Other possibilities like a patch of eczema i.e either psoriasis Or seborrheic dermatitis can also affect the glans similarly and can be confimed on visual inspection.
It would be had for me to come to an exact diagnosis without having a look at an Image. If you can upload an Image that will give me a visual impression of your concern and I will be able to guide you better Or else I suggest that you visit a dermatologist in your region for the needful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8892 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Psoriasis

doctor1 MD

Does biopsy report there is psoriasform hyperplasia of the epidermis with focal spongiform pustalation. Horny layer contains areas of compact,...

doctor1 MD

I am suffering from psoriasis from last six month earlier it was affected in my sculp but from last two month its spreading in my body...

doctor1 MD

Hallo I got psoriasis from while using lithium. But at that time was not masturbating for 6 months or a 1 year, started masturbating because of bad...

doctor1 MD

I think I m going through peri-menopause and want to check symptoms. I have psoriasis so I thought the little red bumps on my skin were due to...

doctor1 MD

Hi there I’m a 42 yo healthy male with mild psoriasis and psuedogout. Recent routine blood tests were normal. Three weeks ago whilst I had a mild...

doctor1 MD

Hi.My doctor has advised to take Folitrax 2.5 mg for Psoriasis treatment. She is 72 year old. Is it advised to have this medicine. Please advise.

doctor1 MD

I developed a rush on my penis Can you recommend a cream that would be affective for that?

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

199 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction