• question-icon

What causes bruising on thighs and legs along with itching?

Posted on Fri, 25 Jul 2014 in Healthy Living
Question: hi im a 29 yr old female for about a three weeks ive been having some unexplained bruising on my thighs and legs along with itching ive been vomiting every day and I only eat like twice a day I have night sweats but ive been having them for about 5 yrs now I have been very tired lately. I had some tests done and found out that I have some cyst on both ovarys a cyst in my right kidney also incomplete distension of the duodenal bulb question is am I really sick oh and also having pain in my chest left side and left side of my neck on and off
Answered by Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing worrisome

Detailed Answer:
Your symptoms are not really worrisome. Itching indicates some allergic condition. You must have had some allergy. Spontaneous bruising is due to disorder in blood clotting machanism. It can be identified by blood tests and treatment can be offered accordingly.

Coming to your question of cysts in ovaries and kidneys. Remember not all cysts are cancers. Majority of them are benign and asymptomatic and come and go spontaneously. They dont require treatment. If ovarian cysts are large with solid components which are called complex ovarian cysts, they require evaluation. Simple cysts dont require any other tests.

There dont seem to be any relationship between cysts and bruising. If bruising is spontaneous you only require tests for that and you symptoms would subside with symptomatic treatment.

In short, I don't seen anything alarming. You can discuss with your primary care provider to look into each of these conditions and order for respective tests.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 2 hours later
thank you so much now I can calm down thanks again
Answered by Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 2 days later
Brief Answer:
thank you

Detailed Answer:
I am happy that you are relieved of tension. take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam

Oncologist