Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What causes bruising ankles?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
My ankles feel like they are bruised when I touch them they feel bruised
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 days later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your history is insufficient to suggest anything . By bruising if you mean they are tender with swelling it can be synovitis and suggestive of arthritis . Rest if there is history of some exertion it can be due to fatigue . You have to send a detailed problem . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes bruising ankles? 1 hour later
Sorry I thought I sent my other message. I actually began to run aprt from my practice schedule in baseball. It goes and comes especially when I run too much.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: follows. Detailed Answer: Dear sir , Then I think it is due to overexertion . I will advise you to take rest , hot fomentation and can use topical analgesic gels . Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor