What causes bruising and rash on shin and feet while on thyroid medication?
No healing unlikely to be due to Hyperthyroidism
Welcome to Healthcare=Magic
Greetings of the day
Presence of Hyperthyroidism is definitely not the cause for non healing of ulcer. Even if the intake of Thyroxine is twice the normal it is unlikely to cause Hyperthyroidism.
To know th cause of non healing of ulcer, it requires thorough clinical assessment by physician and investigation. I would suggest you the following
1. Consult your Surgeon for clinical assessment and physical examination including blood pressure
a) Complete blood count
b) Fastin and post prandial blood sugar
c) Serum creatinine
d) Colour Doppler of venous and arterial system of lower leg
e) Serum T3, T4 and TSH veles
This is list of investigation , further decision will depend on clinical assessment by physician.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What medications cause excessive sleepiness
- Thyroid medication cause nipples to hurt
- What causes dizziness when on medication
- What causes apsis medical
- What is the cause for headaches when on medication
- Can medication cause pain in legs and feet
- What medication cause swolling chin
- Does thyroid medication cause sticky stools
- What causes uncontrolled jerks and shakes while on medication
- What medication causes smelly urine
- Taking Limcee for TB. What could be the reason for blood in sputum?
- Noticed increase in blood pressure after eating. Colonoscopy and CT scan...
- Should I be concerned about a lump under my right clavicle?
- Can Loprin be taken at 5 weeks pregnancy?
- What is the reason for skin around nose and hair line turning black?
- Suffering from loose motion after taking azithral for sore throat...
- What is the reason for numbness in leg and body after walking on thread...
- What is the cure for chest contraction and back muscle that developed...
- What is the cure for persistent nausea?
- Can drinking coffee and smoking causes gloating, nausea and dizziness?