What causes bruising and erosions on the penile surface after intercourse?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Mypenis looks bruised after sex. What the heck.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Povidone, neosporin

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Rough / forceful intercourse or lack of lubrication can lead to bruising and erosions (more common) on the penile surface. Wash the penis with diluted povidone antiseptic and clean any openly eroded areas thoroughly. Apply first aid triple antibiotic like Neosporin to the affected area. Most likely the region will heal.
If appropriate , Kindly upload some good quality images of the area to have a better idea and advise accordingly.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil

Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 11 minutes later
Just making sure this is not a warning sign for an STD?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

If the discoloration or bruising appeared immediately after intercourse then its most likely related to the friction or force. If the intercourse was unprotected and the STD status of your partner is not fully known then you may get an STD panel requested. These tests would require repeating at 3 months time to exclude window period of infection.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks