What causes bruises on the ankle?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello,
attatched i have a picture of my ankle. i get bruises a lot out of nowhere and was wondering how concerned i should be. I was born with heart disease--Mitral valve prolapse. i do get palpitations regularly and was just wondering if these bruises might have something to do with it.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HCM.Thanks for writing in to us with your health concerns.I have read your query and understand your concerns completely. Although it seems unrelated to have this symptom , but I need to know that whether you are taking any drugs for your heart condition. Looking forward for your reply.Regards Dr Manisha Jain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 6 minutes later
i take aspirin only when my condition bothers me but have never been prescribed anything
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Coagulation profile advised

Detailed Answer:
Is there any correlation between the asprin intake and bruises?
If yes then meet your cardiologist and get proper prescription and if no co-relations then get a coagulation profile done and then we can discuss further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy