What causes bruise at the corner of eye?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have developed what looks like a bruise in the corner of my eye near the bridge of the nose. Currently it is about the size of a nickel, mostly on my eyelid and the rest on the nose. There hasn't been any trauma to the eye. It has started in the last couple of hours.

I have seasonal allergies and was fairly congested when I woke up. I have a slight sinus headache.

I this anything I should be concerned with.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Contusion eye

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

I am sorry to hear that you have had this new bruising on the corner of you eye near the bridge of your nose. You may have gotten this bruise from even minor trauma of rubbing you eye. Since you are on low dose aspirin you are more prone to easy bruising. This is nothing to be concerned about and will naturally resolve in a few days.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions