question-icon

What causes brownish pink vaginal spotting while on Letrozole to induce ovulation?

Posted on Thu, 7 Mar 2019
Question: have PCOS and was on 5mg of letrizole to induce ovulation. I had a u/s done and doc saw a mature follicle on my left ovary. He told me to do opk's starting that day, March 7. I tested 2x (afternoon and eve)that day and got what I thought was an almost positive opk. The next day(March 8), Itested again, afternoon and eve and they both only had 1 line on so therefore, negative. So would I have ovulated that night (March 7)? And if I did ovulate then, I'm 7-8dpo. I've been having brown/pink/not quite red, spotting/discharge since approx 6dpo. What does all this mean? Should I call my ob? Could it be my period if I didn't ovulate? I have extremely irregular cycles (100+days) what are your thoughts on this?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (32 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Can be implantation spotting or hormone related.

Detailed Answer:

The brownish pink spotting that you are having now can be related to an implantation bleeding or a mild hormonal change. This is not worrisome and is likely to stop on its own in the next 1-2 days. In case the bleeding is persistent or becomes heavier then it indicates an early period.

I hope this answers your query.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN