What causes brown vaginal doscherge when trying to get pregnant?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I have been TTC for the last 3 years, lately- last 3 cycles have been irregular .. IDK if it's my age- Just turned 34. My cycle was due to come on the 27th of this month and I got it today- but light, brownish and kinda sticky/slimy. Haven't filled a pad either. My cramps which is weird isn't that bad but i feel it, also- lower backache, slight headache, feel like vomiting but it doesn't come up, sort of like brief episodes but then subsides. My breast aren't that painful but the normal soreness I receive prior while PMS. 'YIKES, SO CONFUSED"

Also- Tried HPT- BFN :(
Answered by Dr. Soumya 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Serum beta hCG blood test

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Welcome to healthcare magic.

You are unlikely to be pregnant. Especially your HPT being negative the chances of pregnancy are minimum.

Once in a while the bleeding pattern during menses varies like it has happened this time. Light brown and sticky but small quantity. But this is normal un some periods. This is not related to pregnancy.

The symptoms and pain you are feeling are also related to the varied periods as described above. They have no relation to pregnancy.

If you still suspect about possibility of pregnancy please get serum beta hCG blood test done to confirm the status of pregnancy. This test is accurate in predicting pregnancy and putting your mind at ease.

I hope I answered your questions.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Soumya

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Could it be a thyroid condition? I'm just confused with the rapid weight gain, constantly using the restroom etc... I will just wait it out I suppose.. Thank you for your prompt response. ;)
Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please write review

Detailed Answer:
Hi

It is possible that hypothyroidism might lead to such condition as well as weight gain.

Please get thyroid profile tested.

Please write a review if my answer was helpful to you.

Dr. Soumya