question-icon

What causes brown vaginal discharge?

Posted on Sat, 26 Apr 2014
Question: my wife is 70 yrs old and suddenly has brown liquid issuing from her vagina.Can you please help.Thank you in anticipation XXXX
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: Need investigation and proper examination. Detailed Answer: Hello there, Nice to meet you here, Brown vaginal discharge is of various reason, which has to be investigated further to know the exact cause for it. I suggest doing an hystero salpingography , USG ABDOMEN, PAP smear and follow up with results. A proper pelvic and vaginal examination is also needed, so visiting a nearby gynaecologist is advisable. Feel free to ask future queries. Take care. Dr.surendiran.g
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Surendiran Gaj

Geriatrics Specialist