What causes brown spotting and cramps after missing Ovranette for 5 days?
I am on bith control about 8 months , have missed the odd pill in the past but no repercussions as above
Im on ovranette
Thanks for the query to HCM.
As you have missed the pills during this cycle for about 5 days continuously then what you are experiencing now is a withdrawal bleed which is as expected. This usually starts like a small discharge with light to dark brown in colour and then the bleeding increases taking the form of menstrual bleed. You should stop the pack now and opt for an additional method of contraception, barrier contraception and allow your menses to start in complete flow.
This is as expected and hence care should be taken not to miss any pills . You may start the fresh pack again from day 2 of your menses.
well in that case you should have taken two pills the next day to maintain the contraceptive protection. Anyhow the withdrawal has started and this is your menstrual bleed due to withdrawal. You can stop the pack and can take antispasmodics and NSAIDs for pain relief. You can start a fresh pack once the bleeding stops but follow barrier contraception as well for 2 weeks into the pill ( fresh pack) to establish contraception.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Brown spotting days after hysteroscopy
- What cause tongue with brown spots
- What causes reurring brown spotting after periods
- What is the cause of brown spotting after abdominal myomectomy
- What causes cramping and brown spotting
- What causes brown spotting and excessive hunger after periods
- What is the cause of brown spotting
- What causes brown spotting after urination
- What causes brown spotting and vomiting
- What causes pink and brown spotting