What causes brown shaded feeling in right eye after cataract surgery?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: i had cataract surgery yesterday on my left eye sept 1 2015. I had right eye done yesterday. my left eye is doing great. but my right eye is as if I have on a pair of brown shade glasses. my left eye is seeing very clear. what could this be?

Tobramyacin - 4 drops per day each eye and Ilevro 1 drop per eye each day.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
post op recovery

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
There many reasons for delayed recovery of vision after surgery like infllammation in the eye,cornea or retina but they are not there as your doctor examined you and he feels you are ok.
Your medication is different from the regime we follow.We use steroid drops many a times a day.But that again should not concern us as the same medication has been ok for the other eye.
Since the surgery was good and doctor says not to worry we should rest assured that you are fine and will take sometime to recover fully.
What you should do is to follow instructions properly and on next visit ask the doctor specifically regarding difference in clarity.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Thank you so much. I will ask doc about difference in clarity when i visit him Tuesday.
Brief Answer:
Post op recovery

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.
Also ask any need for local steroid drops.