What causes brown lesions on side of foot?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Yes, my condition started with a few brown spots on the side of my foot. Its been a year and it has spreaded. The spots are crusted over and they do not itch. Since then I have noticed that I have two spots of the opposite leg and they do not itch. I am a XXXXXXX XXXXXXX female and my age is 55. Can you please give me some idea on what this is.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please, Can I get a a photo image for this!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these spots that you have reported. The description is not typical and making a call without at least seeing what they look like would make the response generic and maybe not helpful. For this reason, I recommend that you upload a picture for inspection. This will help in narrowing down the list of possible causes and providing you with targeted information that would prove helpful in getting answers and a possible solution to this.

I hope you get to do that when chanced. Should you have any difficulties, please talk to the customer service for help.

I am waiting and do look forward to reviewing the images as soon as they get in.
I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 12 minutes later
Dr. Ditah, thank you for the reply. I have uploaded the pictures that you requested. They do not itch or hurt and I should mention that I am diabetic but my diabetes is under control and I am no longer taking any kind of medication for it. My A1C level is 5.2. Again thank you for taking the time to assess my situation.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for uploading the picture.

I am glad to earn that through dietary measures alone you have been able o maintain an excellent blood glucose control. Keep up.

I have reviewed this image fully. This lesion, though not typical is suggestive of cutaneous HPV presentation. It can be very difficult unless you report to have tested positive for this in the past. If this is not the case, I will suggest that you get a sample sent to the lab for examination. This will return with what the exact nature and cause of this is. A dermatologists would be able to evaluate and get samples for laboratory testing if needed.

There is no emergency in doing so. Plan at your convenience.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to request for more information and clarifications if need be.