• question-icon

What causes brown ejaculate?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Men's Health
Question: I have a discharge that is brown in color after or in place of ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need semen analysis and cultures along with urinalysis and ultrasound

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to HealthcareMagic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in the best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had been experiencing lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it needs to be investigated with detailed semen analysis along with cultures and sensitivity to look for any signs of genital tract infections.

Urinalysis to look for other causes associated with urethral discharge like urinary tract infection or STD screen (if sexually active) should be done. If these are inconclusive then blood clotting profile and platelets count may be done to look into it further.

Meanwhile, maintain good hydration and take supplements for B12, D3, Folic acid, calcium and zinc from time to time.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin