What causes brown discolouration of the glans penis?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Sir Iam 18 years old, my glans penis was pink in colour earlier , but now the colour is getting changed to brown . Iam so embarrassed to see that .sir what is the actual cause of it and how can I get back the colour of penis.
Sir I have one more question , when I was young I had a fungus attack near the pubic region, after applying some creams the itching has gone , but still the colour of that region is not retained and also the hairs that on my scrotum still has some kind of deposition on it . Sir how can cure all this
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello

If possible please upload the photos of the affected area.

The dark coloration of your glans can be due to a mild fungal infection.
The deposition on hairs in your groin region also suggest fungal infection.
I treat such cases with topical clotrimazole cream.
It gives excellent response in a month.
Once infection is controlled you can use a mild steroid cream like cortisone.
This will take care of pigmentation.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Sir , I have attached the photo also , sir should i apply the cortisone directly over that glans penis and on what course should i apply it. And sir what is the course of applying the clotrizole cream
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clotrimazole followed by cortisone

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up and photograph.
It is looking like fungal infection.
Apply clotrimazole cream daily for a month directly on glans as well as groin area.
After one month you can use cortisone cream.
Both the creams can be applied directly over glans.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 13 hours later
Sir can daily mastubration can change the colour of penis from normal skin tone to black? . When I was young it was of my skin tone but now it's black ,is there the same medicine for the retrival of my penis colour back to the skin tone
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
Masturbation will not lead to pigmentation.
It has happened due to fungal infection.
The creams I have advised will help you.
Thank you.