What causes brown discharge when with a history of cervical pre-cancer?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Question: I have a history of cervical pre-cancer. I have been having a brown discharge and it is also watery with a strong smell. Also, menstrual like cramps and lower back pain. Upon doing a self-exam of my cervix I can feel a roughness to it. Could I possible have cervical cancer?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Evaluation is strongly warranted

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone though the details. So, with a history of pre cancer in past, and currently a foul discharge i will strongly advise you to have a full gynaecological examination including colposcopy and biopsy.

Cervical cancer is completely curable in early stage either with surgery or radiation therapy, so no need to worry. But eariest to go better the results.
Feel free to ask further if you have further quiries.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D