What causes brown colored semen?

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: have very light color brown semen. have not ejackulated for many many weeks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Brown color Semen is mostly due to infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed your Seen to be brown colored since very recently.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have other symptoms like burning urination ,painful ejaculation ,pain in perineal region,frequency for urination etc ?

Brown coloured sen is mostly due to infection either in Seminal Vesicle or Prostate.

You need to consult qualified Urologist for clinical and Digital rectal examination and get following basic test done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Routine urine test and urine culture
2) Semen examination and Culture to trace out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
3)Ultrasound Scanning of Abdomen and Pelvis
4)Serum PSA.

Please start taking broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime along with anti inflammatory medicine like Diclofenac twice daily orally .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report.

Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist