What causes bright red spot in the corner of eye?

Ophthalmologist
Question
A month ago during a regular eye check up my doctor saw inducements a burst blood vessels
I am on vacation and have been having headaches and last night I got a large bright red spot in corner oh my eye
I am wondering what all of this could be caused by. Should I continue my vacation?
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It seems like subconjunctival hemorrhage.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic

I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having a bright red spot in the corner of eye.
This is probably subconjunctival hemorrhage.
This will resolve by 1-2 weeks and no treatment is required.
Though commonly subconjunctival hemorrhage occurs secondary to injury it can occur spontaneously in conditions like hypertension.

If the problem is recurrent you need to undergo evaluation by physician to rule out hypertension and other systemic problems.

Otherwise no need to worry you can continue with your vacation.

If possible do send a photo of the affected eye so that I can confirm the diagnosis for you.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards