What causes breathlessness while using varnish in a closed area?
Big wheezing is gone. But still slight shortness of breath (5 hours later). I am calm but concerned. Will this go away soon and back to normal? Or do I need go to ER or seek care?
you are already recovering.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.
If after 5 hours of exposure to varnish,the wheezing has completely gone and just some amount of shortness of breath is remaining,then I think it is a good sign.
It indicates that you are recovering.
Allergic reaction of your respiratory system to the varnish has caused these symptoms.These signs usually remain for about 6-8 hours after the exposure and go off spontaneously.
I would suggest you to be in fresh moving air as far as possible.Deep breathing exercises will help immensely.
Drink plenty of water and fruit juices.
If you have no dizziness,headache or weakness,I think you should not worry.
If any of these symptoms re-appear again,you should consult ER immediately.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Mahaveer Patil , Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes breathlessness while taking food
- What causes breathless
- What causes breathlessness at night
- What causes morning cough with breathlessness
- For what cause montek is used
- What causes a closed or tight cervix
- What causes breathlessness and fatigue in smokers
- What causes breathlessness in old age
- What causes wheezing along with breathlessness
- Breathlessness while walking causes
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the middle fingers
- Suggest treatment for severe muscular and joints pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and swelling in the leg
- Suggest treatment for left shoulder pain in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the legs when diagnosed with CMT
- Suggest treatment for severe shoulder pain
- What causes shortness of breath and constant back pain?
- Suggest treatment for foot stress fracture
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the right ankle
- What causes twinging pain post intake of Mobic?