What causes breathlessness while experiencing fever, chills and body pain?

Question
I'm 23 weeks pregnant. I had the flu last week, even though I got the vaccine. I know it was the flu, because I gave it to my sister in law, who ended up in the ER. I have felt better (100%)for the past 4 days or so. Tonight, I started feeling a tightness in my chest. I do not have a fever, but I have chills and body aches. My lungs fell very tight and heavy. When I cough, it is very forceful and I cannot catch my breath for a few seconds after. Then my lungs burn for a bit after. I do not have any other symptoms besides those listed. Is it possible I have developed pneumonia? When I had the flu last week, I did not have a cough at all.
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Common cold does not usually cause pneumonia.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Let me inform you that common cold can be caused by at least 200 types of viruses and not only by the mere few strains of influenza against which you have received a vaccination.

This does not mean that you have developed pneumonia. A thorough physical examination, possibly backed with a chest X-ray would be needed to rule out pneumonia. Unless you have a fever I'd not suggest you worry about pneumonia.

Steam inhalation should help. Water in form of vapor should reach deep inside and provide relief.

Let me know if I can assist you further.