What causes breathlessness, weakness and excessive sweating in an asthma patient?
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
The symptoms don't point towards a specific condition but most likely acute exacerbation of asthma leading to the picture that you described. Based on your description that you have fainted thrice , the syncope history should be taken seriously. Peak expiratory flow, Oxygen saturation, respiratory and heart rate needs to be assessed to determine the severity or exacerbation of asthma. Basic metabolic panel also needs to be done including blood sugar and corrected. Blood counts including TLC and ESR should be done to rule out sepsis.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause excessive sweating
- Excessive sweating is cause by marijuana
- What causes excessive sweating migraine and dizziness while standing up
- Excessive sweating causes
- Medical causes excessive sweating
- What is causing excessive sweating in face and head
- Excessive sweating what could be causing this
- What causes excessive sweating cold and headaches only during nights
- What causes excessive sweating and redness in ears
- Implanon cause excessive sweating