What causes breathlessness, headaches, vertigo and anxiety after delivery?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: WE have a female who had her first child about 1 year ago. She is 24 years old.
She has been having migraines and headaches since she was a teen. In the past month she has developed vertigo. When she has an episode of vertigo she also becomes breathless. She told me yesterday that she notices lately that when she has a conversation she has been rambling a bit, not staying on topic. She is also showing anxiety, short tempered, and troubled falling asleep.
Last week she went to the local doctor who only addressed the vertigo and gave her "maclazine". She was told to come back in 3 weeks.
I'm concerned with her shortness of breath as well as the other symptoms.
Should we call and try to get the appointment moved up? Thank you very much!! XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed answer:

Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Yes, I think that you should call to get the appointment moved up.

You may give her Aleve (naproxen) for relief of the headaches.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng